Best construction apps of 2021 by category
With so many construction apps to choose from, it can be time consuming to download an app then see if you like the app or if it solves your need. We have simplified this for you by listing all the best construction apps for 2021 base on the category.
Best health and safety app
Safety Meeting App
The Safety Meeting App is the only app that allows companies to record and track OSHA required safety meetings, accidents, incidents, near-misses, employee attendance, and much more from their phone, tablet, and computer.
Safety Meeting App does all of this:
- Document Incident, Accidents, and Near-Misses
- Group employees based on location, team, project, favorite
- Use on Phone, Tablet, and Computer
- Meets OSHA’s Required Meeting Laws
- 950+ Pre-Written Safety Toolbox Topics
- Works with popular Smart Phones and All Browsers
- Print PDF Meeting/Incident/Near-Miss Reports
Best construction daily report app
Site Diary app replaces the existing paper site diary, construction daily reports or site journal, where field worker make a report of things that occurred on their projects. By using a daily construction report app, you can save up to 60mins per day on this process. With Site Diary’s cloud-sync technology, when a team member creates a report, the information is synchronized with all team members instantaneously. Have a good communication between the field teams and office staff.
- real-time site progress and monitoring
- export daily/weekly reports in pdf, csv and excel format
- local weather report automatically included
- report on resources uses (manpower, equipement, material)
- attached unlimited photos
- offline availability
- Manage team and project with desktop web browser
Best estimating and bidding app
Joist is a FREE tool for contractors that allows you to estimate, invoice, record, payments, and manage projects from anywhere. Send your client an estimate before you leave. Be the first to get an estimate in their hands, and give them the opportunity to say YES on the spot.
- Easily calculate material & labor costs when estimating & invoicing
- Build a list of commonly used items
- Customize your estimates & invoices with your company info, logo, etc.
- Attach a client contract and collect a signature directly on the spot
- Attach photos to your estimates and invoices
- Preview estimates & invoices before you send
Best calculating app
Complete construction calculator with simple inputs. The app for construction and DIY! Reduce Waste, Save Time and Money! Well tested by more than a million contractors and home owners! Top 100 productivity app.
- Time Tracking tool
- To-do list
- CutList calculator
- Feet and inches calculator
- Square footage calculator
- Construction calculator
- Measurement calculator
Best construction defects management app
BatiScript Lite app is stemming from the parent product BatiScript software. The app was specifically designed for subcontractors operating on the field with their smartphone. The application allows them to easily access, on the field, the information and instructions sent by the supervisor, and to take action more quickly.
Features of BatiScript:
- Punch list
- Control checklist
- Plan storage and management
Best construction project management app
The strength of Procore’s cloud-based construction project management software on your Android smartphone or tablet. With a mobile project management solution, you have the freedom to walk around the job site and remain up to date with today’s task details, no matter the place you are, with or barring internet.
Procore’s key features
- Progress Photos
- Change Orders
- Project Schedule
- Punch Lists
Best construction time tracking app
Track your time, generate timesheets, handle client billing, generate invoices, manage expenses and notes with Easy Tempus Ideal for freelancers, contractors or employees who need to keep track of their work – now with Pomodoro timer.
- Timer function or manual time entry
- A countdown timer for Pomodoro technique
- Ad Free
- Record time against client, project and optionally task
- Set project rate and overtime rate for invoicing purposes
- Create timesheets in Excel/CSV report files
- Create Excel Invoicesow with Pomodoro timer
Best construction task management app
Fieldwire connects your entire field team, from the project manager all the way down to each speciality contractor’s foreman, on one construction management platform. Making it effortless for anyone to view their drawings, schedule work and track their punch list while they are in the field.
- Fast HD plan viewer (works offline)
- Automatic hyperlinking & OCR
- Automatic versioning with Box / Dropbox
- Automatic sheet version control
- Blueprint folders
- Markups & annotations (Clouds, text, arrow…)
Best construction punch list app
Detailed punch list items can be sorted, filtered and delivered in a variety of file types. Knock-out your interactive, professional, full-functioned punch list before leaving the job site and close out your project on schedule.
- Load your project documents into KO Punchlist and access them anytime
- Export and share your projects in a variety of file types, including, .punchlist, PDF, excel, and zip folder that includes all referenced media files
- Import and export files through a variety of integrated storage utility apps including, Google Drive, Box.net, OneDrive & Dropbox.
- Merge your KO Punchlist projects with your team members’ punch lists
- Search, sort and filter your line items
Best BIM construction app
With Dalux BIM Viewer you always have access to your BIM models and sheets directly on your smartphone or tablet in one super user-friendly app. In Dalux BIM Viewer your BIM models and sheets are always up to date, with a direct link to the free web portal or even directly to Revit
Dalux BIM Viewer is compatible with the formats: